On September 4th and 5th, 2007, marcus evans will be holding a conference here in Tokyo focused on successful pricing strategies.
Featuring case studies and presentations by executives from leading firms such as Yahoo, Toyota, Matsushita, KAO, The Body Shop, Kagome, Mikimoto and several others, the event will shed light on the various strategies and tools these companies have been using to optimize customer retention and maximize profits.
Fourteen sessions covering a broad range of topics will be held during the two-day conference.
- Employing customer-generated media to to drive brand loyalty and establish premium brands.
- Implementing new marketing strategies for Japan's baby-boomer generation.
- Using value-based pricing to target LOHAS-oriented consumers.
- Key product and pricing strategies to target Japan's "new rich"
- Understanding consumer response to price changes.
The event looks like it could be useful for those in brand management, product planning, strategy, PR and advertising, as well as many other types of executives.
As I understand it, most of the conference will be held in Japanese, although a couple of the presentations will be given in English. These are all-day events, and will be held at the Century Hyatt in Shinjuku.
For more details on the event, including schedules, speakers, costs and registration, visit the conference website here.