Japan Marketing News is produced by Spark Productions, a boutique marketing consultancy and creative shop located in Tokyo. If you need more information on any subject featured on these pages (or anything else related to products and marketing in Japan), Spark Productions is available to handle research, consulting and marcom-related design and development projects.
Japanese consumers are amongst the most demanding in the world, and international brands commonly need to modify their business strategies, products and communications approaches to survive and thrive in the Japanese market. Determining the right way to do this takes experience and expertise. Spark Productions specializes in showing “outsiders” the way into Japanese hearts, and pocketbooks.
Think your brand can prosper in Japan without making changes? Learn from the experience of others. Here are just a few world-leading labels that have revamped their product lineups and/or communications programs for the Japanese market:
Nike, Frito-Lay, Land Rover, Levi's, Microsoft, Coach, McDonald's, P&G, Kit Kat, Coca-Cola, Le Sportsac, Minute Maid, Gravis, Adidas, Starbucks, KFC, Bulgari, Haagen Dazs, Maybelline, Salvatore Ferragamo, Kodak.
To learn more, contact Spark Productions.
SPARK PRODUCTIONS SERVICE LINEUP
Research and Analyses
- Guerilla research: tapping Japanese-language sources and networked experts
- Primary research: defining needs, selecting research companies, analyzing research results within the context of Japanese culture and customs
- Strategic orientation: the market, the consumer, the competition
- Brand diagnostics: what's wrong and right with your brand
Strategy and Business Development
- Segmentation and positioning issues
- Optimizing products for Japan
- Developing new products to meet special Japanese consumer needs
- Channel issues
- Maximizing media effectiveness in Japan
- Integrated branding
- After-service and the Japanese consumer
- PR issues
- Marketing strategy development and annual activities planning
- Strategic partnerships
- Market entry approaches
- Localization of international ad campaigns
- Development of integrated, Japan-only communications programs: ads, PR, collateral, events, and more
- Consulting and support to home market creative teams
- Ad hoc assignments: copywriting, photography, graphic design, website production, video, translation and localization work.